Skip to main content

Morning Routines for Success



We have all heard of morning routines of the successful entrepreneurs - Tony Robins and Mel Robbins just to name a few. However, my issue with morning rituals is usually the length of time it takes me to do all the things that I want to do.

I think that Mel Robbins was right (as always ) when she said that in order for a morning routine to work effectively you must also have a night time routine. I believe that this is why I have a hard time with a morning routine, I do not have a night time routine (hmmm).


Let's dig in on the good stuff. 

1. "Find a Routine and Stick with it" - Eric Thomas


Do you have a routine, do you have a specific time that you wake up in the morning? Have you been able to practice it consistently? 

Your routine does not necessarily have to be the exact one that someone you admire does, you can adapt it to your lifestyle- you can make it yours. 

I struggle with sticking to routines because I always copy others list and try to work it into my life. It never worked for me it's always either too long or not interesting and engaging enough. It was only when I adopted my own, that it started to work. I meditate and spend a couple of minutes on gratitude every morning. It helps me to stay focus throughout the day.


2. Say no to your phone in the nights before bed and early in the mornings - Mel Robbins


Do you think that you can do this?

Your phone is your tool to be used for your productivity, not to be used by you to hijack your time and energy. 

First thing in the morning tune into yourself before you tune into the rest of the world. Say NO TO THE PHONE.

This one will be a bit of a struggle for me, but I have started doing it little by little. The other night I put the phone on the desk away from my bed, before I turned in for the night and I did not look at it until I was done with my morning stuff. Totally Proud of me...lol

3. Create a list of all the things that you need to get done for the day - (This I heard from Mel Robbins and Brendon Burchard, in addition to a host of others)

Make out your plan for the day, list out all the things that you need to get done. Then next to task write who is responsible for it to be done. This helps you to contact the relevant person(s) to push the task ahead. 

Now Listen up! on your list, you should include at least Three things that must be done to move your agenda forward, whether it's Creating a Social Media Plan or Talking to your Virtual Assistant about going live with your Facebook Page.

I make my list every morning on task to be covered for the day, and I always include my three big things to be done to move me forward. 

I have written about planning in my blog Time Management and Planning



4. Schedule Everything - Daymond John


Daymond said that he schedules everything, from time to spend with his family to his medical checkup. Because of this, he is able to spend more time with his family.  With his regular medical checkup, he discovered that he had second stage Thyroid Cancer, and has since undergone treatment.
Daymond John

When you schedule everything and respect the schedule, you will get more done. I am going to try this one for sure.

5. Win the Morning, Win the Day - Tim Ferriss
Tim Ferriss


By creating a morning routine, you are starting your day with order and mindfulness. Which now aids you to be more proactive in your day rather than reactive. 

Following all of the above in some way, whether you can use it as is or you tweak it to your life and space, a morning routine gives you order and helps to focus your mind on what is to be accomplished during the day.

Life may not always be perfect, but at least you will be better prepared to deal with whatever comes your way.

This blog was inspired by Evan Carmichael's video on 5 Morning Routines That Will Transform your life


One of my Favourite quotes from Mel Robbins





Instagram                          Facebook
                                          @natashavirtualassistantbusiness
                                          email: natashavabusiness@gmail.com



I sign off with how grateful I am for all I have in my life and as I learn I so love sharing it with you guys. Please reach out and let's chat. I love connecting with people.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three ways that you can use Batching for Productivity in you Business.

  Today's Blog is about Batching and how it can help with productivity, Batching is a term I have heard many times and I incorporated it into my professional life. It has yielded very good results for me and as such, I would love to share it with you guys. Let's dig in; Batching Definition:   Batching is a manufacturing term it means products are made in a specified group or amount, within a time frame. Batching is a  process, therefore it can be applied to different situations and as such it has been transferred to the productivity world.  There are many tasks that you can do in batches some examples are writing, content creation, editing etc. A simple search on Youtube will yield results of YouTubers talking about how they batch their content creations, filming multiple videos on the same day, writing several blog post and so on. You can, therefore, understanding how the process of batching can apply to your productivity. By grouping similar tasks