Skip to main content

Virtual Assistant First Blog Post

Hello Guys.

Welcome to my first blog post. Thank you for being here.

Here starts the dream of owning my own business. I know it will not be easy. I understand that it will be quite a challenge I am heading into. Now it is time for me to do the work for myself, for me to add value to others as a business owner.

There is so much fear and so many what ifs, it is times like these that I would draw upon a few verses of my favourite poem, Invictus by William Ernest Henley

...My head is bloody but unbowed
...
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul.

It's all a work in progress and a progress in work. It's about not being afraid to fail and not be fearful to reach out for help. It's about understanding what I am made of, my strengths and my weakness. It's about not being afraid to ask for my worth.

And yeah...it's about fear, lots and lots of fear...what if I am not good enough, what if I am a fraud who cannot deliver on promises....girl SHUT UP!....this is my internal dialogue most days. Then comes the strong ones- you have worked in Corporate Guyana successfully for over 20 years, you have lent support to small business owners and CEO alike. You have trained young Guyanese who have gone on to do great things with their careers.  And I consciously make an effort to hold on to this voice.

Everything takes time and yes, there is fear, but there is also heart-swelling pride and joy and hope, hope for all the best things in life.

Here is to starting and to take one day at a time. The Story has just begun.







#firstblogentry
Natasha


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three ways that you can use Batching for Productivity in you Business.

  Today's Blog is about Batching and how it can help with productivity, Batching is a term I have heard many times and I incorporated it into my professional life. It has yielded very good results for me and as such, I would love to share it with you guys. Let's dig in; Batching Definition:   Batching is a manufacturing term it means products are made in a specified group or amount, within a time frame. Batching is a  process, therefore it can be applied to different situations and as such it has been transferred to the productivity world.  There are many tasks that you can do in batches some examples are writing, content creation, editing etc. A simple search on Youtube will yield results of YouTubers talking about how they batch their content creations, filming multiple videos on the same day, writing several blog post and so on. You can, therefore, understanding how the process of batching can apply to your productivity. By grouping similar tasks